July 07, 2008
My mom became a fan of Rush when he first got syndicated in Dallas in the early 90s, and I can remember catching the tail end of the show when she’d drive me home from school. The recent profile in the New York Times Magazine reminded me why I liked him so much. I certainly had fun echoing some Rush one-liners during “current events”: ?feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society? and ?using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected but poisoned with welfare-dependency funds.?
It was also nice to learn that his “presidential agenda” for ‘08, which he’s e-mailed out to his fans, includes no mention of “Islamofascism”:
1. Open the continental shelf to drilling. Ditto the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
2. Establish a 17 percent flat tax.
3. Privatize Social Security.
4. Give parents school vouchers to break the monopoly of public education.
5. Revoke Jimmy Carter?s passport while he is out of the country.
6. Abandon all government policies based on the hoax of man-made global warming.
Daily updates with TM’s latest